A Supply-Side Platform or Sell-Side Platform (SSP) is a platform that allows publishers to manage their inventories and maximize their revenue by selling ads.
This technology provides an efficient and automated way of offering available inventories in different sources of demand, using bidding models in real time.
The graphic below shows the marketing process that takes place when an impression is generated by the visit of a new user to a page. The SSP establishes connections with multiple DSP (Demand Side Platform) technologies, that is, with the demand for a specific inventory. Then, it holds an auction, ensuring the optimization of the publisher’s revenue.
Once an impression is provided, the SSP issues a bid request to different sources of demand, including relevant information such as: site, topic category, position of the ad on the page, geolocation, connection, type of device, demographic user’s information, interests, buying preferences, among others. On the demand side, DSP technologies thoroughly analyze such information applying complex algorithms in order to determine if the impression is “useful”. Then, they specify what price they are willing to pay to purchase it. In this way, an effective connection between the supply and demand sides is established.
e-planning SSP’s Benefits
- SIMPLICITY: All yield optimization technology integrated in e-planning ad server
- TOTAL CONTROL: Granularity to define business rules, advertisers’ blacklists, priorities and booked prices
- GLOBAL MARKET: With access to multiple local and international sources of demand
- REAL TIME BIDDING: Sales strategies in real time
- PRIVATE EXCHANGE: Management of commercial agreements with premium advertisers
- REAL RESULTS: Monthly payments in USD
More information about SSP